This forum is intended to facilitate communication among trans, two spirit, and non-binary people in Ottawa, surrounding counties, and the Gatineau area. Please remember that anyone with the password can view posts. The forum will be heavily moderated to ensure posting etiquette is followed. Rogue posts will be deleted. Please read the guidelines below. Happy posting!
Please Do NOT:
- ...tolerate different opinions and perspectives as long as they are delivered in a respectful way.
- The following will not be tolerated: hate speech of any kind including transphobia, transmisogyny, misogyny, homophobia, Islamophobia, xenophobia, neo-colonial sentiment, racism, anti-semitism, poor bashing, whorephobia.
- ...use a meaningful title for your thread so others understand the topic.
- ...be mindful about what personal details you share in the forum, as it is public.
- ...keep your posts appropriate for young audiences.
- ...stay on topic.
- ...help others who have questions.
- ...spell out abbreviations the first time you use a term so that all forum users understand (e.g. AFAB, assigned female at birth).
Please Do NOT:
- ...sign in with your Facebook or Gmail.
- Instead, create a new Muut account when prompted. You must sign in with an email address but you can choose your screen name to stay anonymous.
- ...curse or write hostile or insulting posts.
- ...criticize individuals- instead, focus on behaviours.
- ...out anyone.
- ...post information that is inappropriate for young audiences. This forum is public and posts may be read by youth.
- ...correct other peoples' grammar or sentence structure.
- ...harass or sexually harass other forum users.
- ...use all caps or SHOUT in your posts.
- ...use the forum to advertise a company, product or business. Discussion of agencies that serve our communities is fine.