Demographics and Health Outcomes
On 24th November 2015, 1125@Carleton (Living Lab) and the Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) convened local providers for the "Champlain Region Queer/Transgender Health Data Workshop." The goal of this workshop was to explore and discuss currently captured data with regards to queer/transgender patients and clients. Attendees also began a discussion of what data would be helpful for you going forward in planning and delivering health services to the transgender community. To plan for programs.
- Most local providers do not currently collect data on us.
- CHCs have signed X which commits to xxx.
- Data was collected by Trans Pulse across Ontario. Sample in Ottawa is X.
- Some may be reluctant to disclose for a variety of reasons.
- A data collection workshop is ongoing...not sure what the results will be.
- We are interested in collecting our own data and creating our own knowledge.
- If interested in participating in community led research in the future, please send us an email with the subject line: community research
If you are trans xx and leading research on the trans community in Ottawa, xxx, please let us know. In the future we will try to post information on research ethics and best practices for research with trans communities in our area. Please contact email@example.com to share information with us.